Tuesday, January 14, 2014

School Days

"Never let your schooling interfere with your education." -Mark Twain

   It's times likes these that I appreciate the words of the great American authors. While nobody ever said writing was easy, it's playing the servant of two masters between the monsters of school and storytelling. School demands a certain amount of analytical thinking and very few novel ideas, but make no mistake, the volume of work demanded is taxing indeed, for both my fingers, and the poor helpless trees doomed have my endless essays and notes printed out on. This of course would be fine, as it's what's expected of all students in classes of the same level. But in my case, I'm afflicted with the need to go above and beyond this call for prose. It's my dear keyboard that must suffer the most, though, nearly all the keys are worn down and twice replaced, and the entire searing laptop's virtually burning a hole into my lap as I write the nights away, weaving story after story, even after homework is long past due.
      That being said, somewhere while writing Shaar I found time to write a short story set in the same universe, an adorably naive tale of high school romance and drama set amidst the chaos of the Shaarian backdrop. Look forward to weekly installments of: Hearts All of Glass, the story of a boy and a girl, young and innocent in the face of global war. 

No comments:

Post a Comment